Is AI dangerous? Maybe. Are computers going to equal or exceed human capabilities? Only in narrow domains. That’s not to say AI systems won’t be useful, or amazing, or disturbing. Systems already operating today are all of those things. I’m continually learning about artificial intelligence technology and applications, with a particular interest in how journalists both cover AI developments and adapt AI systems for use in newswork.
You can browse all my posts, read the About page, check out the categories, or search using the list below or the links in the menus on this page.
- Machine learning models, explained
- Beyond drones: Assassination by robot?
- The need for interdisciplinary AI work
- Nvidia rules the GPU roost—for now
- Explaining common misconceptions about AI