Is AI dangerous? Maybe. Are computers going to equal or exceed human capabilities? Only in narrow domains. That’s not to say AI systems won’t be useful, or amazing, or disturbing. Systems already operating today are all of those things. I’m continually learning about artificial intelligence technology and applications, with a particular interest in how journalists both cover AI developments and adapt AI systems for use in newswork.
You can browse all my posts, read the About page, check out the categories, or search using the list below or the links in the menus on this page.
- How will AI affect journalism in 2024?
- Is job loss due to AI exaggerated?
- Red teaming to find flaws in LLMs
- AI researchers love playing games
- What is a stop sign? What is a person?